Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Peaches are Coming!!

The peaches on one of the trees are almost ready. Everytime I look at the tree, my mouth starts to salivate. I know that sounds sort of piggish, but I really love peaches. And there is nothing better than peaches off of your own tree.
They have a beautiful pink rosy color. And the tree is loaded! That's sort of a bad thing, because the weight of the fruit could snap the branches with help from a little wind. Well, I'll worry about that later. I'm just hoping the fruit will hurry up and ripen. The peaches are beautiful, but not ready yet.
I must admit, even if they were not eatable, the tree is just a pleasure to look at. It's mind blogging to think, that those gorgeous fruit started out as pretty little pink flower buds on the tree. AMAZING!!




2 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, lucky you! Your peaches look delicious. I got one nectarine last year! So far nothing. Your sunflowers look great - 10 ft is amazing!

Manuela

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Ellen Landauer said...

Hi Rose,

Saw you left a comment on my article about calcium for weight loss. I like your blogs. I, too am a gardener. As Robert Fripp once said, 'Gardening is the highest art.'

Best,
Ellen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google