Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Peaches are Growing

I'm like a little kid, when it comes to watching things grow. Every chance I get, I will go and see if something has got a little bigger, or sprouted another leaf; waiting with unbridled anticipation for the final result - EATING MY BOUNTY. I have been watching the peach trees with particular attention, and you can sort of image why. It's amazing to see the bare tree start to bud with beautiful pink flowers, then as the flowers fall off, you see the beginnings of a tiny little peach. Then you wait, as it gets bigger and prettier, with each passing day. Oh, and the best part is that we have two different varieties of peach trees (a yellow fruit and a white fruit), one that ripens early in the season, and the other that ripens a few weeks later. Anticipation really is keeping me waiting!


















































1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rose, it is May 6, 2008. I live in VA, a I planted a peach tree last year, and to my surprise, I HAVE peaches growing in my little tree!!!. Like you, I'm like a little girl waiting and looking at them every single day!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google